Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bad Blogger

So, I'm a really bad blogger...

I decided when I started this one, that it would be a spot to say things I felt like I needed/wanted to say, just for the heck of it. And if I didn't have anything worth saying, I wouldn't. So lately I haven't had anything to say :)

I've just been drawing and painting and playing and cooking and cleaning and thinking and reading and teaching and living and growing.

Life is going well, lots of good news lately in my "art career": Best of Show for cow painting at a show in Georgia, I was accepted into the Pastel Society of America and was (to my happy surprise) chosen to exhibit 13 pieces of art at St. Vincent's Hospital next summer after an interview I thought I bombed. I sold my biggest pastel picture to date to my wonderful Aunt to decorate her new law office, and did a new picture (that I have now stolen) that I am very proud of; it stretched my techniques and I feel a great sense of accomplishment.

Meanwhile, we are trying to relax more and enjoy life...like Roman Italians (thanks Anthony Bourdain!)

No comments:

Post a Comment