Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A few good things

For some, or perhaps several reasons, I have been in a bit of a funk lately. As the kids and I sit down to dinner after another long day, I am struck by some simple things that I am very thankful for:

Stouffers microwave dinners
Publix chicken fingers
My Mom bringing me toilet paper, sunflowers and candy
Having text conversations in Olde English with my sister
A fried egg sandwich and wine refill from my sweet husband when it is way past my dinner time and I am imploding
Kisses on the nose from Patrick
Mary Clare proclaiming she wants to marry a boy that talks just like Moto Moto from Madagascar because apparently she likes deep man voices (???? Already?)
Cool breezes and drawing outside
Calls from my Dad just to chat...and listening to him get distracted and not be able to pay attention just like me
My kids laughter even when they're being rotten little stinkers (like right now)
There are so many things to be thankful for. These are just a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment